- Added Kashou no Tsuki and Mahoujin Guru Guru TV
in the summary page.
- We sent off our tapes to Otakon & AnimeExpo programming
committees! If we don't finish Gokinjo Monogatari fast
enough, Otakon might be the Tenshi Nanka ja Nai premiere !>
For AX, we plan on having a "room showing" like Ventura Anime
& Team Abcb. Hopefully we'll have Kashou, Gokinjo,
Anpan-man done by then.
- Folks across the Atlantic: Friends of Sana should be getting
GuruGuru 1-4 real soon. Drop by their club showings!
- Our FIRST contest! We'll be giving away the Otakon master
tape (SVHS), which will include GuruGuru 1-2 & Tenshi
Nanka ja Nai (may change without notice).
Please note that SVHS tapes will not run on a normal
VHS machine. But if you plan on trading or distributing in
good to high-quality, consider getting a SVHS machine. And
the Otakon tape can be something to start off your collection.
- You must attend Otakon in costume. Yes,
we mean cos-play.
- In order to prove that you were in costume, please
send us a photo of you cos-playing, and another one
of you NOT in costume (just to make sure you're not
taking a picture of a random person attending Otakon).
- Write on a 8x11 paper: your name, your mailing
address, and your e-mail address.
- Send the 2 pictures with the 8x11 paper to:
Hana Yori Anime
PMB PO Box 25-2324
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Deadline: Friday, August 20, 1999
- The tape (quantity = 1) will be given to best of the
selection, to be decided by Kaoru-chan, Sana-chan,
and Yamabuki. If you want to know what we like, you
can e-mail us... but it helps to throw in a bishounen
or two on the side (if you're not one yourself).
Depending on the number of photos entered, we may
send 1st gen VHS copies to a few others.
- We started editing Gokinjo... movie. We're constantly
distracted from sitting down to do massive editing.
- Good news to Akachan to Boku fans! (BTW, did you
all read the article on Aka-Boku in
Anime News Network?)
Mitsukake-sensei will be doing the prelim timing for all the
episodes that were translated... oh, more than a year ago.
We got the original soundtrack of Aka-Boku during the
big blow-out sale at UCI, so we're ready for the usual (long)
translation notes too.
- Wow... long time no update.
- Yay! We got our Gokinjo.. LD. We really want to get
the Yazawa Ai compilation tape out ASAP, so we'll make that
our priority. It'd be nice to show one of them at Otakon or
AX.. or both. (we're greedy)
- Speaking of Otakon... it looks like we might be able to
show GuruGuru TV 1 & 2. We're really pushing it, since
it has a gag that's just perfect for conventions. The script
will be altered slightly, just for Otakon.
We will also be GIVING OUT the Otakon master tape (SVHS),
here.. on this page. We'll come up with a small, contest...
rules will be posted here, June 1st.
- Yamabuki is really itching to work on Kare-Kano.
"Fufufufufu... If I work on this, all the fans will be obsessed
with Hana-Ani, and we can take over the world!" (Kaoru whacks
Yamabuki, who is in Yukino-mode, with a slipper)
- BTW, someone posted on TAFML asking what Kashou no
Tsuki is about. Ohmigosh! We totally forgot to add that
to our summaries page, huh? We'll
have it up by the end of this week. Promise.
- It's been a slow around here... for subbing projects.
- We watched the first four episodes of Kareshi Kanojo no
Jijou. It's so cute & sweet! Yamabuki highly recommends the
We'd love to work on this series, but we really have too many other
things to do. If noone else works on it, we'll consider it.
- Anyone else go to the UCI Bookstore (alt.ant) blow-out
sale? We went... and spent a lot of money, but Kaoru-chan couldn't
be any happier, now that she has her own life-size Kenshin poster.
(*whisper* "She's crazy" "Yep, she is" *whisper*)
- We're terribly hooked on two N64 party games... Mario Party
& Smash Bros. No wonder we get nothing done.
- We're gonna be revamping the anime
guys page real soon. We're hoping to add comments from other
lovely women of
- Another convention update. We may have stuff shown at Otakon!
We'll give you more details when we hear more about it. Unfortunately,
we won't be attending that convention... but we will be at AX!
- Kashou no Tsuki #2 is being timed & translated. #1
needs massive editing work. "This is the hardest translation
work I've ever done!" --Yamabuki
- While Yamabuki slaves over Kashou..., SD Eva-kun
is timing Mahoujin Guru Guru #5, which is a pain in
the *** too. (it averages 350 lines per 23-min episode -- which
means nothing to the non-fansubber, but believe us, it's
- And we're working on getting Gokinjo... done, so
shoujo fans can get the YAZAWA Ai compilation tape.
- With so much work, who has time to update webpages?
- Translation and preliminary timing of Kashou no Tsuki
OVA #1 is done! If Yamabuki's sound card worked correctly, we
shouldn't have to re-time it like we did with Mahoujin Guru
Guru TV series... And we'll have both parts of the OVA out
by June 99.
- We've been neglecting the anime
guys too long. Our bad. We'll be adding a few more beautiful
men (boys from WeiB Kreuz, etc) in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
- A new project: Mahoujin Guru Guru TV series!
It's a 45 episode TV series, and we've already finished 1-4.
Please e-mail us
Distribution should get it within a week.
- We also did a test run of Gokinjo Monogatari movie.
A copy was given to Morrigan for editing. Hopefully we'll have
this done in a month.
- "Kenshin is smiling again!" --Kaoru-chan