- We received the prelim-timing of Gokinjo Monogatari
movie from Mitsukake-sensei! We'll begin working on it on Tuesday.
- But before that... Sasami-chan and her sister are taking us
to da shootin' range! We'll let you know how that goes.
- We got an update from Babbit of Friends of Sana about how the
convention went. *thumbs up* They loved us.. They
loved us.. They loved-- okay, they loved the titles we worked on,
but if they knew us, they'd love us. *nod nod* If you're in the
UK area, get in touch with Friends of Sana. They've already started
distributing GuruGuru movie and Hana-Dan movie to
folks over there.
- We took a look at Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. It looks like a
Tomodachi Anime title, but if they decide not to work on it, we
might give it a try. (Yamabuki favors the show only because
SHAZNA sings the OP song. "Kyaaa! IZAM-kun!!!!")
- And finally... we got an e-mail from folks at AX asking if
we wanted to show any of our fansubs *gasp* That means we might
all be able to watch GuruGuru movie on da big screen!
If we hear any positive news, we'll let you know here.
- Oh yeah, our logo changed. Maybe it'll change whenever we
- Tenshi Nanka ja Nai movie is done. BUT we will not
be releasing this until Gokinjo Monogatari movie is
done. No distro, No trade. Sorry!
- We started on a new project... Kashou no Tsuki
OVA. We'll have a summary written up soon.
- Timed (SSA) and text-only script for Mahoujin Guru
Guru movie is up in the scripts
- Also up in the scripts page:
Fake translation notes; Fake zip file, including
the timed script (SSA), translation notes (SSA), and images
used for the translation notes (jpg).
- We made a stamp of ourselves using the Stamp-Club machine
today. Do we have a use for it...?
- Timed (SSA) and text-only scripts for Fake
and Hana Yori Dango movie are up in the
scripts page. Mahoujin
Guru Guru movie will be up sometime next week (if
we remember to do it). Translation notes & images for
all the titles will be up sometime next week too (if
- This isn't a HYA update, but... we
have completed subbing the Rurouni Kenshin OVA #1. We decided
to work on that instead of Anpan-man, Tenshi...,
etc. (But the character designs are UGLY! --Kaoru) The
script for RK OVA #1 will be available over at the
- Happy Japanese Girls' Day! "Akari o tsuke masho,
bon-bori ni~ Ohana o agemasho, momo no hana~"
- We might not work on our projects this week, since
Yamabuki and Kaoru-chan have a 15-page paper due next
week. Well, everything will slow down at HYA for the
next three weeks, because finals are coming up.
- No word about Gokinjo... yet. *still
- Tape spine labels for Fake, Hana Yori Dango
movie, and Mahoujin Guru Guru movie are now
available by SASE. Please go to get!
page and scroll down to "Tape Labels" section.
- Tenshi Nanka ja Nai just needs a few minor
work, and it's done. But we will not be releasing it until
the Gokinjo Monogatari movie is completed.
- Speaking of which.. We talked to Mitsukake-sensei, and
he said his harddrive crashed, so he's trying to retrieve
the timed script for Gokinjo Monogatari. *cross fingers*
- Our shoujo title collection is growing ^_^ KodoCha,
Akazukin ChaCha, Hime-chan, Ririka... We should get our
hands on Card Captor Sakura next.
- Added images for the
Anpan-man Summary page.
- We'll do a test run of Anpan-man episodes 1 and
2 next week. Episode 3 is in the process of being timed.
- We've made tape spine labels for Fake, Hana
Yori Dango movie, and Mahoujin Guru Guru movie.
We'll make it available by SASE method. The mailing address
will be posted here shortly.
- Good news for those in Europe (Great Britain area).
Friends of Sana should be getting Hana Yori Dango movie
and Mahoujin Guru Guru movie soon. Friends of Sana
plans on showing them at a convention they're helping set
up! The convention is supposed to have a shoujo
theme.. we'll let you know more information as we get them.
- Happy Belated Chocolate Day! er.. Valentine's Day!
- The Scripts page is almost
ready. None of the scripts are uploaded yet, but we should
get them up soon.
- We watched volumes three and four of With
Love. Did we mention that
Yutaka is cute? Oh, he's a kokoro no boyfriend.
There was a special video clip compilation of him at the
end of volume four. *swoon*
- We'll probably be watching Beach Boys
(starring *my* boyfriend... "no, mine!" "hey! he's my
boyfriend!" and another beautiful guy, Sorimachi Takashi)
and Long Vacation next.
- About subtitling... we're waiting for the timed script
of Gokinjo Monogatari movie. We're working on things,
- We're getting more KodoCha! We're getting more KodoCha!
What's Sana-chan to do, with all this happiness?
to stare at on her wall *drool*.. She gets more
- Ventura Anime Club has a copy of Mahoujin Guru Guru,
so if you're in the area, stop by their showings to watch it.
- Oh, and we'll be at Anime Expo 99! Yeah, it's kinda early
to announce it.. more info to come!
- Happy Birthday, Kaoru-chan! ('twas a few days ago)
- No subbing work this week. Instead, we went over to
Distribution's headquarters and watched a bunch of
- We finally got to watch With Love volume
two. Gawd, he's so beautiful! We welcome other women to
write in "guest comments" for the
ratings page. Please
e-mail us, and
we'll post interesting and/or funny comments.
- Ventura Anime folks came down to hang out with all of
us too. We should be getting Fushigi Yuugi 2nd OVA series
from them.. ^_^
- We didn't get to go over Tenshi Nanka ja Nai this week.
We may put Tenshi... on hold, since we won't be running masters
of it until the Gokinjo Monogatari movie is completed.
- What we did instead.. We watched the infamous "Ring" episode of
Rurouni Kenshin. Oh, then at the end of the tape, there was a Samurai
X sampler.. Samurai X in Cantonese! (only Pika Chiu-kun understood it,
- Joey & Daniel of Team Abcb have been bugging Yamabuki-dono
to finish translating the live-action Hana Yori Dango movie. Something
about needing to finish the project so they can get women to send them
thank-you letters. Men!
- We're on the final check stage of Tenshi Nanka ja Nai
movie. Should be done in a week or two.
- If you've seen the
Anime West page,
you saw that we will no longer be working on Rurouni Kenshin. That
means we'll have more time for Hana-Ani projects!
As for RuroKen, we may continue to work on it for ourselves since
we have the LDs already.. and release scripts. We're looking forward
to seeing the 4-part OVAs too.
- Fake OVA has been picked up for commercial release, so
we will be telling distributors to stop distributing it. If you
know of distributors (other than MekeMeke) who have it listed,
please let them know as well.
Oh, don't forget to buy Fake when it is released. We need
to let companies know that there is a demand for shoujo titles!
(especially shounen-ai! --Yamabuki)
- We're feeling better now. So better get started on things...
- But before that... we went to watch a screening of Kiki's
Delivery Service (Majo no Takkyubin). It's the Disney dub version
that's available on tape, but it looks sooo much
better on wide screen. Make sure you buy a copy, another for a
friend, one more for your sister... and then buy the sub too.
- People have been asking us if we're gonna work on the Hana
Yori Dango TV series. Our general opinion is that we should
work on titles that have never been fansubbed before (Kenshin is
a separate issue! --Kaoru). Which is one of the reasons why
Akachan to Boku hasn't been worked on for a while.
- Speaking of which... Mitsukake-sensei said he's almost done
with the Gokinjo Monogatari movie. We'll ask him if he
wants to work on Akachan to Boku next. (The scripts are
rotting away in my HD! --Yamabuki) Sana-chan has been working
on prelim timing #3, though.
- Back to the Hana Yori Dango issue... Right now, we
have a lot of projects in our hands, so we shouldn't take on a
series with 50-or-so episodes. We already have one of those.
Check out the Hana Yori Dango movie tape to see what we're
- Happy New Year!
- We thought we'd get stuff rolling this week, but Kaoru-chan
and Yamabuki both have the flu.. and Sana-chan is recovering
from her wisdom teeth being pulled out. Hope you're all doing
better than us.
- The Hana Yori Dango movie tape for
Distribution has been made. We'll take it over tomorrow.
We kinda went crazy with some of the "filler" stuff. Please
think of it as a "HYA's crazy fun" tape.
IF you are trying to get a copy for your anime club,
please, please, please don't get it from MekeMeke.
It was made for fans (?) of Hana-Ani, and has inside jokes from
this webpage. Plus it only has 30 mins of anime, so it's
not worth your club's money.
We will release a different version once Team Abcb finishes
subbing the live-action Hana Yori Dango movie, and the two
movies will be on the same tape.
- SD Eva finished timing episode 2 of Anpan-man.
Yay! (We forgot to put the preview of Anpan-man in
the Hana Yori Dango movie tape. sorry. It'll definitely
be in the Rurouni Kenshin 5-8 tape!)