Fourth Quarter 1998
about us -
anime guys ratings -
- First some older news that never got uploaded...
- A small re-design of the page. Anyone notice them?
- SD Eva finished prelim timing Anpan-man 1 and half
of 2. This is an easier series, so we should be able to get
through this much faster. Yamabuki is translating 2 right now,
and Sana-chan will be looking over it as soon as she comes
- We plan on having the scripts for Mahoujin Guru Guru
movie and Fake OAV available for downloading. They should
be up in Jan 99.
- And some newer news...
- Added a Get! page. It's our
"trading" page, but since Kaoru-chan adores Pikachuu...
we used the Pokemon catch phrase. Plus it covers more than
- With Kaoru-chan working on Rurouni Kenshin, Yamabuki
working daily until 31st, and Sana-chan up north, we
haven't worked on any Hana-Ani projects. Sorry!
For those who have been asking for the Hana Yori Dango
movie, we'll release it solo for those who wanna see it.
It will only be 30-mins long, so we'll add extra stuff
(Tenshi OP; Gokinjo OP; Anpan-man OP
Song; AWest special project OP(?); etc)
- We're slowly working on Tenshi Nanka.. Sana-chan is
fixing the script, Kaoru-chan is fixing the subtitle appearance,
Yamabuki is searching her HD for the ED song, and The Tech Guy
- Added more summaries.
- Coming soon to the anime guy page:
Nuriko, Tasuki (boy, FY fans are vocal!), Naozumi (KodoCha), Enishi
- We're back! And it's raining!
- Mitsukake sent us the prelim timing of Tenshi Nanka ja
Nai movie. We'll work on this in-between papers, finals,
and anime club showings.
- Since finals are approaching, things will slow down at
Hana Yori Anime. But now that Yamabuki discovered a wonderful option
called "Wav-Timing & Translating at the Same Time," projects will
probably go faster.. after finals (12/18/98).
- SD Eva offered to prelim time Anpan-man. Yay! But only
after he finishes the AWest secret project. dum-dum-dum....
- Hope you're all having a wonderful Thanksgiving Day weekend.
We'll begin working on our projects as soon as we get back.. *gasp*
finals are coming up in 3 weeks!
- Hana Yori Dango movie is done! Please
e-mail to trade. Note:
It's only 30 mins. Masters run off of commercially available rental
tapes (We don't have the LD).
- Speaking of which.. have any of you read volume 21 of Hana Yori
Dango? "It's so saaaad!" -- Kaoru-chan and Yamabuki.
- Kaoru-chan and Morrigan are error-spotting Hana Yori Dango
movie. But only after they finish their Japanese class projects.
- Mitsukake-sensei said he's almost done with the prelim timing
of Tenshi Nanka ja Nai and he'll begin Gokinjo Monogatari
- We added our comments to
Takenouchi. Coming soon
to our anime guys list --
Hyde of L'arc.
- We took some time off from Kenshin & worked on Hana Yori
Dango. It's almost been a month since we last worked on
it.. our bad. It's on the "final check" status now, but we still
don't have anything to release it with.
- We spent 2 1/2 hours watching the first volume of "With Love,"
a japanese drama series. It actually aired a while back in the U.S.,
but we missed it then. Anyway, after watching the first three episodes,
we decided that Takenouchi
Yutaka (the actor playing the lead male character) must be added
as an honorary "anime guy". We'll add
our comments about him soon.
- We're adding Kashou no Tsuki on our list of projects.
It's a two-part OVA (coming out in Dec & Jan) about a priest and a
wild cat (who can turn into a human) during the Kamakura period. It
has some shounen-ai implications.. that's why it gets our thumbs up.
- Sana-chan will be working on Hana Yori Dango movie this
weekend. We don't plan on releasing it until we can decide on another
title to couple it with. If you have any suggestions, drop us a note.
- More additions to our anime guys
- It's getting cold in LA now. Since it's much worse in other parts
of the US, so we're not complaining. Keep warm and stay healthy.
- We're still working on AWest projects, so our projects are on hold.
Plus it's midterm-madness, so we welcome any e-mails of encouragement.
- Gokinjo Monogatari movie has been translated, and Mitsukake-sensei
committed to timing it too. (He's not working on Rurouni Kenshin) Now
if we can only get a hold of the LDs. We'll probably release a "tape"
version (off commercially available JAPANESE tapes that are available
at our local video rental stores). As mentioned before, Gokinjo..
will be coupled with Tenshi Nanka...
- Fixed up some of the anime guys pages.
A lot of people are asking for YYH guys. Hmm. Next HYA agenda: "Watch
- We were working on AWest stuff (Rurouni Kenshin to be exact) last
week, so no progress on any of our projects. Sorry.
- Sana-chan decided that we must work on Anpan-man.
It's a kids show (preschooler) about a super hero with an anpan (think:
red-bean paste filled donut) head. It's really funny. It's even funnier
when you watch it late at night, and you had a little to drink. (may
we recommend Hooch)
- We finished translating Tenshi Nanka.., and Mitsukake-sensei
is prelim timing it now. (Thank you, Mitsukake!) We plan on coupling it
with Gokinjo Monotagari movie, since both of them are stories by
the manga-ka Yazawa Ai.
- FAKE is done! Please e-mail
us to trade! Or you can contact
(they'll get it within a week).
- Our Projects page has been updated, with
- Started translating Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai (I'm Not an Angel).
- Preliminary timing for Hana Yori Dango movie completed. We
expect to finish editing & fine-timing by end of October.
- We're on the final-check stage of Fake OAV. Almost there!
- Finally ran Mahoujin Guru Guru movie masters. Hope you like it.
- School started, and Yamabuki hasn't touched Fake for over a
- We started timing Hana Yori Dango movie.
- GuruGuru is done. We're waiting for Abcb to make masters
of Akachan to Boku 1-2.
- FAKE (tape version) should be out by the end of September.